“We will not end this pandemic without a vaccine.” Dr. Susan Strobel
I’m going to share a few considerations as you embark on your vaccine journey.
Many fears have been realized with images from the Sars-CoV-2 health crisis across the globe. The loss of loved ones, separation from family and friends, holidays spent alone, the obliteration of small businesses, including restaurants, boutiques, workout studios, and salons, etc. We’ve undergone a complete flip in daily life and it’s easy to feel threatened.
In our quest for health security against Sars-CoV-2, the mere mention of vaccine availability brings a sigh of relief. We want our knight in shining armor to end the nightmare of 2020. If only it were that simple.
What is a vaccine?
Vaccines contain microscopic particles of the pathogens that cause disease. Some vaccines contain the live culture pathogen and a few contain dead pathogens. Both poke the immune system to get a response so that it will produce antibodies and therefore protection from future exposures.
In addition to small amounts of the offending pathogen, vaccines have these other categories of ingredients: preservatives, adjuvants, stabilizers, cell culture materials, inactivating ingredients, and anti-biotics. If you want to learn the specific ingredients for vaccines please click here for the CDC ingredient list.
My “Aha” moment.
While researching vaccines earlier this year, I had an “aha” moment learning about vaccine ingredients. I have a high standard for what I put into my body. I eat organic, non-GMO, no unnatural preservatives or additives, sustainably caught fish, and free-roaming animals who have been loved and not ushered through factory farms. I’ve also cleaned up all my beauty products so that I am no longer exposed to toxic beauty ingredients. A few years ago I learned that the USA has the least restrictive toxic ingredient list allowed in beauty products of developed nations. If I am to be a woman of complete integrity, I need to be consistent with all things entering my body. For that reason, vaccines do not align with me due to their ingredients. That doesn’t mean they’re not for you. Hopefully, I can provide you with tips for successful vaccination if that is your choice.
What’s different with this vaccine?
The Sars-CoV-2 vaccine is different from previous vaccines in that it doesn’t have microscopic particles of the actual pathogen against which the vaccine seeks to create protection. Instead, the vaccine seeks to prod the body itself to produce the pathogen with the hope that this will be followed by an immune response.
Something to consider, the Sars-CoV-2 vaccine is attempting to create a new blueprint in the genetic expression. Do you want your body programmed to create a takedown from within itself?
There would have to be an extreme circumstance for me to choose the Sars-CoV-2 vaccine but I respect and believe in medical freedom and choice. I vaccinated all my children. I was vaccinated but I have always opted our family out of the flu vaccine.
If it’s your choice to vaccinate or you are mandated, I recommend you consider the following to improve your immune response and the body’s ability to detox post-vaccination.
- Avoid alcohol several days prior to vaccination
- Avoid sugar 7 days prior to vaccination
- Eliminate refined foods for a week prior to vaccination
- Eat cruciferous vegetables that support detoxification (brussle sprouts, broccoli, onions, shallots, garlic, cabbage)
- Enjoy fresh-squeezed lemon water daily
- Eat a rainbow of fruits and vegetables for immune-supporting vitamins and minerals.
- Vaccinate when you are well-rested
- Avoid stress prior to vaccination
- Hydrate before and after vaccination
- Enjoy Epsom salt baths and cold water plunges or alternate between hot and cold in the shower to stimulate blood flow
- Self lymphatic drainage massage
- Move your body
- Consume fiber daily. I love this recipe from Functional Nutrition Alliance:
Intestinal Broom Powder
2 Tbsp psyllium seeds
2 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp flaxseeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds (I purchase the tea and open the sache)
2 Tbsp slippery elm
1 tsp marshmallow root
Grind with a spice/coffee grinder into a fine powder. 1 tsp can be added
to smoothies. 1 tsp with 8oz of warm water before bedtime.
*You need to be well hydrated when using this formula so the fiber can easily move through the intestinal tract.
- Obesity and diabetes are the two primary comorbidity factors that are at high risk for negative Sars-CoV-2 outcomes. This leads me to believe that those with obesity and diabetes will also be at risk for negative vaccine outcomes.
- If you have an auto-immune condition, your body is already at war with itself. Prodding your cells to create a protein that your body launches an attack against seems like risky business from my perspective. I believe auto-immune conditions are an invitation to calm everything way down. They indicate there’s a fire in the body that needs to be extinquished. The vaccine might add more fire to the flame. Something for those with auto-immunity to consider.
- The vaccine is being fast tracked to the most vulnerable population, the elderly in care homes. These are frail people who’s bodies have not had the stamina to fight the Sars-CoV-2. What will the outcome be when their bodies are asked to create the pathogen from within? If their immune systems were unable to combat the external pathogen, what makes us believe it will be able to successfully attack the pathogen produced from within?
Let’s be real.
We have entered a time in history when we need to take our health into our own hands. The health of our immune system needs to take a high priority. Modern life exposes us to a heavy toxic environmental load due to chemical, EMFs, and stress exposure. The body’s detox pathways and immune system need our lifestyle choices to be co-conspirators in the awesome responsibility of protecting our health and wellbeing.
You are wise to weigh risk versus reward based on your unique set of circumstances in your vaccination decision. I know you’ll make the best decision for yourself and your family.
If you would like to learn more about the Sars-CoV-2 vaccine that you won’t find on conventional media outlets, I invite you to read the following document.